Sunday, July 22, 2012

30 Confessions to 34- Day #28 Poet Mindfulness

30 Confessions to 34
07.21.12
Day 28

Its 11:53 and I have 7 minutes to write something today if I want it to be done before day end.  I had plenty of time to write this sooner but I honestly dilly dallied and now it is quite late.  I feel like I had so much I wanted to say today...   One thing I do when I feel overwhelmed is I write poetry.  It seems to be a helpful way for me to bring all my thoughts back together and give my mind a break.


I have been thinking about being mindful a lot....


This morning I stopped to pay attention to the sun.
I noticed it doesn't ask permission to do what it knows it is supposed to do.
It shows up, it nourishes our world, it gives warmth and makes life here on earth possible
It doesn't worry if the clouds get in the way- it still shines even if no one can see it clearly.

This afternoon I stopped to pay attention to the people all around me.
I noticed they are an infinite palette of various emotions
Many have not learned how to control their own yet.
They show up to their lives, do what they need to, want to, have to, wish to and hope to....
They worry way too much about things that they have no control over.

This evening I stopped to pay attention to my heart beat.
I noticed that I am alive and wonderfully curious on my continuous journey.
I have an opportunity each day to be intentional about every single part of my life
I will not waste my heartbeats on worrying  if things don't go the way I imagined.
I will accept reality and then live my waking hours as happily as I dream they can be.