Sunday, February 8, 2009

Random thoughts Running through my mind- I'm not really trying to make a point about anything today...


I am so good at talking.  Just to clarify that statement, I don’t mean that in the way that I am an accomplished speaker who can use really big scholarly words.  I don’t want to sound as if I am trying to be boastful about myself in any way either.   What I mean by the above statement is that I know how to talk and I could go on and on until I lose my voice (it has been known to happen a time or two).  I might not be the most appropriate talker- I interrupt, I am loud, I always have a similar story to share that may seem like I am trying to one up you, I keep people on the phone a lot longer than necessary and I have a hard time being near anyone (people I know and people I don’t) without having something to say out loud.  Its not that I am one of these people who is full of themselves or loves to be the center of attention, Ok maybe I do like being the center of attention a little or maybe a lot, No, but seriously I just find that being quiet is something I do not do well.  So the reason that I think I am so good at talking is because it’s all I ever do, all the time, every chance I get!  Talking is something that I practice every possible second of my existence.  I enjoy it so much that I am constantly preparing dialogues in my head of all the things I can say, how I will say it and whom I will say it to.  The privilege of owning a cell phone has been a great demonstrator to my talking abilities since it keeps track of my minutes.  On several monthly statements I have found myself defending my talking since I have gone over so far on our minutes that they don’t even have a  category to cover the amount that I am over and the costs for all this talking are not cheap!  I might as well just have a permanent receiver attached to my ear since it would free up an extra hand so I can at least multi-task while I am talking.  No, we better not do that- actually the thought of that just seems all wrong- especially since I would rather be talking to people in person than on a phone any day!  It also creeps me out when I see the people with the Blue Tooth ear attachments just walking around-  Are they on the phone or not- its just plain weird.