Monday, May 26, 2008

A new Twist on Lasagna- Needs help with a name?


So I made a new creation for my family this evening.  Once again inspired by my sweet boy Riley.  We are having a hard time naming it though.  So maybe you can help me out....

My family really likes pasta dishes, and especially Lasagna.  Typically Lasagna is known for the rich cheeses it incorporates.  Since Riley can't have dairy and we are not all that impressed with soy and imitation cheeses, I am always trying to come up with variations to make for all the family to enjoy at dinner.  It started with Humsagna and now we have a Lasagna that is made with Winter Squash in place of cheese.  We all agreed that we like this even better than the one with Hummus.  It was a squash, mushroom (morels this time made it extra special) and spinach lasagna.  We were trying to be creative but came up with nothing yet.  All we know is it will be made again, especially since Riley had two servings!  The coolest part for me is that I did not rely on any recipe, which made me feel very cool that it actually turned out!  When we have a name for it, then I will add the recipe to my blog, hopefully soon.  

We also were able to plant our veggie garden this weekend.  It was so much fun planting all the seedlings and seeds.  The kids took turns digging the holes and placing the seedings or seeds in the ground.  I would show them where to dig and take the seedlings out of their containers.  The sun was shining and the weather was beautiful.  It ended up being a wonderful weekend all in all.  We accomplished so much- I even ran my butt off in the Bayshore 10K!  Oh and I have to give a shout out to my girl Rachael for finishing her first marathon with a strong finish!